Will Nusoft Framework support other database?

Nov 22, 2007 at 5:44 AM
I like your framework very much, because it is very small and clear. but in my work, sometimes will use other database like mysql. Will Nusoft Framework's nexe version consider to support more database?

Regards
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2007 at 12:30 AM
Our initial goal for the NuSoft Framework was to support our internal development efforts at NuSoft Solutions. We do all of our development against SQL Server, so that's what we supported. It is not in our current plans to support other databases.

Have you looked at SQL Express? It's free, and it's major limit is database size, and the NuSoft Framework works against it just fine.
Feb 8, 2008 at 2:35 PM
I'm just looking at your framework (as a simpler alternative to NetTiers), but is SQL /2005/ specifically required?

Our production DB servers are still at SQL2000 - do you explicitly use 2005 features?

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Right now, yes we do use features of SQL 2005 - specifically, the output keyword on inserts and updates. You could easily change the templates to do selects right after the insert / update and be SQL 2000 compatible. Someone also recently said they spent a few hours modifying the templates to work with Access, so it wouldn't be that hard to get it working.